Suggestion of the week
- Open Source is a thankless job. We do it anyway (Scott Hanselman) - A post that brings back the essence of what supposed to an open-source project and what it means to participate.
- Creating an Azure Mobile Services .NET backend from scratch (Carlos Figueira) - Great tutorial here without magic. Every steps are well explained.
- Microsoft Azure Load Balancing Services (Marios Zikos) - Great article that explains how the load balancer work and how to configure it based on our needs.
- Information on Microsoft Azure and Heartbleed (Andrew Cushman) - This post explained when, even if running on Microsoft Azure, the Heartbleed vulnerability could affect your app.
- Size Matters… A LOT! - This post gives nice options to minimize the impact of a mobile application using the cloud as backend.
- Reading from a queue in an Azure WebJob - This post got us started with Azure webjobs.
- VM Image (Christine Avanessians) - Wonderful, so many new functionalities! I'm really looking forward to know more and try it.
- VM Agent and Extensions – Part 1 (Kundana Palagiri) - This post introduced the currently available extensions with a quick example. VMExtension looks a very promising feature with a lot of potential.
- Azure Updates: Web Sites, VMs, Mobile Services, Notification Hubs, Storage, VNets, Scheduler, AutoScale and More (Scott Gu) - I don't know where to start. This last release contained so many new features it's incredible. You must read this post.
- Les architectures émergentes, l'innovation en architecture et les nouvelles tendances - Annonce d'un événement à Montréal sur l'architecture notamment pour le "cloud".
- How to assign a private Static IP to a Windows Azure VM - Useful powershell script to manage your Azure's VMs.
- IT Pros ROCK! - This post explains very clearly all the options with their pros and cons when shutting down AzureVM.
- Automating Environment Creation using Microsoft Azure PowerShell - Nice scrit!
- Deep dive: Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC and Azure SDK 2.3 (Mohit Srivastava) - Great post that goes into details in all the major new features from the last Azure SDK and visual studio release.
- Developing for Windows Phone 8.1 using XAML (Nick) - This post got us started with the three choices we have to develop windows phone application.
- Announcing release of Microsoft Avro Library (Maxim Lukiyanov) - Great news, a new serializer for .Net and it's available on NuGet.
- Exploring ASP.NET Web Pages - A fully-featured MiniBlog using just Razor (Scott Hanselman) - This post introduced another but quite minimalist blog engine call miniBlog.
- Il était une fois… Modernizr (Anne B) - Outil très utile pour le développement web.
- Merge conflicts in csproj files - Nice post that explained why the merge method had to change in Git to merge Visual Studio project file.
- What price might you really be paying for Woolworths “free” wifi? - Aaah marketing, when will you stop to surprise me?