- Secure Amazon EC2 instances (Shang) - A really simple and good way to secure your server.
- With Azure SDK 1.6, Azure Diagnostics is enabled by default can cause thousands of daily transections to Azure Storage - Good catch!
- Sending Messages to Azure AppFabric Service Bus Topics From Iron Foundry (Richard Seroter) - A nice tutorial creating a simple web application that use Azure AppFabric ServiseBus and how to deploy it in Iron foundry.
“[…] the Service Bus Explorer tool which allows us to browse our Service Bus configuration […] “
- 6 Quick Steps for Windows/.NET Folks to Try Out Cloud Foundry (Richard Seroter)- Seroter present the Cloud Foundry (VMware's cloud). Using Ruby to show some basics steps.
- My First Impressions of node.js - It's not always all wonderful, sometime it's doesn't works.
- Using Symbolic links with local storage to store large amount of data in Windows Azure Application Drive (Avkash Chauhan) - A really nice workaround when having issue with big file in application drive.
- Setting Windows Azure Blob Storage (asv) as data source directly from Portal at Hadoop on Azure (Avkash Chauhan) - Nice quick sample.
- Managing cloud computing security requires planning - This post explain which question you should ask yourself about when planning your move to the cloud... or when you already there. Better later then never.
- Configuring SSL for an Application in Windows Azure - How to configure Azure application to to using https. Step by step (with screenshots) configure the SSL certificate.
- How to Associate a Certificate with a Service (MSDN) - Information about SSL certificate to use with Azure like supported algorithm or tools.
“[…]The only thumbprint algorithm currently supported is sha1[…]”
- How to Configure an SSL Certificate on an HTTPS Endpoint - Nice post. help to configure SSL certificate in Azure but also how to test it.
- Complete Solution: Adding SSL Certificate with Windows Azure Application - I quick summary of what to do in order by be able to use https in Azure.
- From developer to cloud developer - Great! Finally we got more Azure stuff at Microsoft Learning.
- Windows Azure application VM and (virtual) IP Address (Avkash Chauhan) - Again good quick post from Avkash Chauhan that summarize this IP reality in Azure.
- Windows Azure Queues and Windows Azure Service Bus Queues - A complete source of information that should help developer and architect to use the better queue in a specific context. A post to bookmark.
- Getting Started with Windows Azure – part2 (ScottGu) - In this second post of a series Scott Gu is taking our hand to show how to get started for free and why we shouldn't worry about getting charge because of this new feature:the billing limit.
“[…] Spending limits are a new feature we added to Windows Azure last month, and ensure that you never have to worry about accidentally going over the resources included in a free offer and being charged […]”
“[…]You can learn more about the spending limit feature here[…]”
- One Azure Web Role, Multiple Websites - Great tutorial that explain how to have multiple website on the same instance, and how to test them.
- the Module pattern (part 4) – debugging - In this fourth post of the series is using a intrusive but really efficient method to debug the clock watch module.
- Using HTML5 Canvas for Data Visualization - This post present the HTML5 canvas by building a chart. It look a lot of work compare of using chart component, put we can do everything...
- 7 mistakes of software testing (Eleftheria Drosopoulou) - Seven really good tips to improve your tests.
- The (10) survival development tools - A list of good applications. Some that I didn't know about and that I will try.
- Don’t brag about your Visual Studio achievements! (yet?)(maartenballiauw) - Achievements yes, but only the good one... Fortunately this is only the beta...
- Not just because it’s new and shiny (thebeebs) - HTML5 is good to reach all platform, but it should be use (pick) for the good reasons.
- KidsRuby 1.0 Released - Great idea. hum what is your greatest realisation with Logo on Apple II?
- Testing framework is not just for writing… tests - Good idea! why I didn't think of this by my self? I will add this to my survival tools.
- The Book of Ruby: A Hands-On Guide for the Adventurous (Huw Collingbourne) - This book jump straight into it. Good way to learn by doing code. The example are simple and easy to understand.
- A geek with a hat » Why programmers work at night - I knew it I'm normal!
“[…] A popular saying goes that Programmers are machines that turn caffeine into code. […]”
- Lowering Higher Education - In this post David S Platt share is idea of what could be the future of Education.... And I like this!
- Agile Results for Time Management - This post present a summary of the method call Agile Result. A good way to improve your time management.
- 500! (Richard Ziade) - If you don't know Readability take few second you should be charmed.
- Missing Key to Unification (safeerm) - According to this post 2012 will by important in the unification processes.
“[…] Stanford University announced that its class on artificial intelligence will be available for free online […]”