Suggestion of the week
- Introduction to Azure Cosmos DB database and the SQL API (John Miner) - Great post to get started with CosmoDB.
- Prepare data disks for stability & consistency in Azure throughout virtual machines and scale sets lifecycle (Stephane Lapointe) - Simple, efficient, and free! What else could we ask for a script that will fix our VM problem?
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 2.1 Preview 2 (Diego B Vega) - The nice features that are brought in this next release, EF continue to be a trending ORM.
- Create New Git Repository While Creating New Project in Visual Studio (Abhijit Jana) - If you are not creating a repo...it's because you plan to delete this code in the next 15 minutes ...right?
- Optimizing an ASP.NET Core site with Chrome's Lighthouse Auditor (Scott Hanselman) - Another day in the fantastic optimization journey. I'm definitely trying that tool today!
- Serverless vs. containers: How the two stand up next to each other (Christina Cardoza) - Very interesting post that compares and also not necessarily demystifies, but more clarifies those two great technologies.
- Updating jQuery-based Lazy Image Loading to IntersectionObserver (Scott Hanselman) - This post is part of an excellent series where Scott refresh his website done a few years ago with today tech.
- Announcing the Docs Markdown Extension for Visual Studio Code (Adam Kinney) - Nice new plugin that will help us to participate to the docs.
- Best practices for securing your Google Cloud databases (Ian Maddox) - Excellent post with a ton of best-practice advice.
How to Win Friends & Influence People (Dale Carnegie) -
This book doesn't age!
This book may be old, but it's still incredibly true. I loved the way the reader was speaking and the rich vocabulary. It's definitely a must.