Every Monday, I share my "reading notes". Those are the articles, blog posts, podcast episodes, and books that catch my interest during the week and that I found interesting.
It's a mix of the actuality and what I consumed. Enjoy!
- ASP.NET Core Apps Observability (Francisco) - A great post that shares, and explains how to implement logs, traces, and metrics in modern application.
- Azure Cost Management + Billing updates – February 2020 (Michael Flanakin) - Wow, an incredible update on all front. New features, new PowerBi app, new APIs, and so much more.
- Durable Functions Upgrade Strategies (Mark Heath) - A real gold mine of information about best practices when migrating. Of course great when migrating durable functions, but also true for any services.
- How to set up a tab profile in Windows Terminal to automatically SSH into a Linux box - Scott Hanselman (Scott Hanselman) - If you've been hacking or just copy-pasting config without understanding to mutch, this post will explain how to do you own version.
- Announcing PowerShell 7.0 (Joey) - That awesome post will explain what's in PowerShell 7 and why we should care... Because yes... we should.
- Docker Desktop for Windows Home is here! - Docker Blog (Ben De St Paer-Gotch) - Fantastic news! And so easy to install. Lovely.
- How to merge a pull request 🔥🔥🔥 (Steve Belovarich) - Interesting post that shares some best practices when merging.
- Starting a profitable business in six weeks with Courtland Allen (Software Engineering Unlocked) - A really interesting discussion about success in tech. All the work that it required, but also the timing, and the people you keep around you in the journey.
- #28: Frank Boucher - Live Stream Coding (The Solo Coder Podcast) - Shameless plug... But a good episode nevertheless.
- #361: The Generosity of Scars with Scott Mann (The EntreLeadership Podcast) - First when I eared the guess was a military I thought it will be full of war references... But no! This episode is all about human. Our self, are we feel alone and strangely the fact that we are not. Great episode and I really liked Scott Mann verbs.
- How to Start and Grow A Podcast That Gets Listeners - Twitch Advice (Stream Coach: Twitch Stream Tips) - I like how Ashley treats her topics. She does it in a different way. In my journey to learn about how to provide great streaming content, this episode was a nice complement.
BookThe Infinite Game
by: Simon Sinek
I really enjoyed this book. This book gave me vocabulary. It was putting words on ideas, explaining clearly some feelings that I wasn't able to express. Like when you know something is good or bad, but that you can explain why. It's less impressive than Start with Why, but definitely, something to read.