Good Monday, Already time to share new reading notes. Here is a list of all the articles, and blog posts that catch my interest during the week.
Suggestion of the week
- How Cloudflare Broke My Build and How I Fixed It (Giorgi Dalakishvili) - Wow! That was a hard one. Like searching for a needle in a haystack. Those stories are incredibly useful as they teach how to investigate issues. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Create an App Service for Containers with Bicep (Sam Cogan) - This is a nice tutorial that shares the minimum requirements and the commands to create your next app.
Securely connect to your Azure Linux Virtual Machine with Tailscale SSH (Paul Yu) - A very complete post that follows one of the many tutorials available in the Microsoft opensource repo. Very well detailed and explained.
18 Useful GitHub Repositories Every Developer Should Bookmark (Madza) - Nice list of great repositories indeed.
Blazor Binding, Events and Parameters (Michael Washington) - A very complete tutorial that explains it all. The complexity of the example is incremental, meaning that if it's your first contact with Blazor the bites will be just the right size all along.
Fluent UI Insights EP2: Styling (Paul Gildea) - Really interesting second episode of Fluent UI Insights. A series of video that explains the design decisions.
Visual Studio Code's New Editor Sticky Scroll Feature - Never Get Lost In The Code Again! (Dotnetsafer) - At first, I thought this feature was like feeze pane and didn't understand the hype about it. But it is not! It is some kind of smart pane auto-scrolling. The frozen section display when the current scope is opened. It looks very useful
Windows Package Manager 1.3 (Demitrius Nelon) - Very happy to see Winget getting more apps and new features.
- 316: Hosting Websites & Web Apps for Free (Merge Conflict) - Who doesn't like getting a free website? Learn more about the option available for you in this episode. And also, why you shouldn't operate your drone on water.
- Why the buddy system works... at work (Modern Mentor) - Love the idea of a buddy system. Simple and effective.
- Épisode 19 - Les Olympiques d'Hitler (Les Pires Moments de l'Histoire) - (In French) I love this podcast you learn stuff and for sure you will at least smile if not laugh.
- Daniel Roth: Blazor Futures - Episode 204 (Azure DevOps Podcast) - Perfect episode to learn what is currently in trial, plan to be and what will stay for sure in the next release.
- You will not do it later (most likely) - I'm a procrastinator, I know (Keff) - So true! The do-it-now approach seems too simplistic to be true but is a real change to accomplish on a regular basis. Any tips?