Suggestion of the week
- Windows Azure: Announcing New Dev/Test Offering, BizTalk Services, SSL Support with Web Sites, AD Improvements, Per Minute Billing (Scott Guthrie)- This post is a mandatory reading. Know from the source what's new! So many good things, that I don't know where to start...
- Announcing "Get Involved" from Tekpub - Enhance your career by engaging with your peers (Scott Hanselman & Rob Conery) - Really great video that explains how to be involve in the community, the good way. Really nice work.
- How To: Setup Windows Azure PowerShell - Quick post that explains how to get ready to play with Azure with PowerShell.
- Cloud Cover Show, Episode 109 - Using Windows Azure Active Directory from Windows Store apps - Nice episode with V. Bertocci that get us up to date on all the news Windows Azure Active Directory (AD) features.
- Running WordPress with SQL Azure - That a great workaround! It could be super if we had this option when creating the application.
- Is Amazon becoming the Microsoft of cloud? Hold that thought | ZDNet (Service Oriented Joe McKendrick) - Interesting post about the future of the major players who wants to rules the cloud.
- Microsoft’s “Understanding the Microsoft Cloud” White Paper Misses the Windows Azure IaaS Boat (Roger Jennings) - Hard critic of a Microsoft White Paper. However, it's true that this paper does reflect Azure IaaS reality.
- Cloudy Thoughts by SyntaxC4 - Quick post that introduces some cool new feature for PHP in Azure...
- Windows Azure PowerShell June 2013 Update for IaaS and PaaS (Michael Washam) - With new Azure capabilities comes great PowerShell functionality... this post is all about that. Also Michal Washam is announcing that he is quitting Microsoft.
- Cloud Cover Show, Episode 110 - Windows Azure BizTalk Services - Great show with a demo done by no other one then Guru Venkataraman.
- Checking Azure Cloud Service SDK Version with PowerShell (Tyler Doerksen) - Nice and useful script.
- Azure VM Access Control with PowerShell (Tyler Doerksen) - Great with this post we now know all the new features that came up last week: powershell cmommand.
- ELMAH: Error Logging Modules and Handlers for ASP.NET (and MVC too!) (Scott Hanselman) - This post is not really recent, but really interesting. If you still don't ELMAH this post is for you.
- Making Computer Science Cool (Jonathan Rozenblit) - Really good resources post that gives place to get started based on our level of confort. It could also be use at home for our kids... I wonder if this kind of information is also available in other languages...
- Azure does Powershell too (Grant Fritchey) - Nice quick introduction to Azure Sql PowerShell cmdlets.
- Walkthrough of New Windows Azure BizTalk Services - Again a great post/ tutorial from Seroter. This is THE place to start to know more about the Biztalk services (WABS)
- Are you secure? WiFi Honeypots, Pineapples and SSL with Troy Hunt - And I though a knew the danger of the WiFi. You must spend 30 minutes and listen this post... and re-share!
- Live Demonstration: Hacker Tools You Should Know and Worry About (Hasain Alshakarti, Marcus Murray) - Wow! Very "perturbing" video that shows a lot of different tools to help you... or not.