Suggestion of the week
- How to Use Github Professionally (Aaron Stannard) - This post is great! Tons of information and best practices (with an explanation of why its a best practice).
- Please, everyone, put your entire development environment in Github (Burke Holland) - OMG! It is sooooo simple! I was already using containers to develop, but didn't know VSCode could manage that for me! And make it easily reproducible!
- The Azure Cloud Shell Connector in Windows Terminal | Windows Command Line Tools For Developers (Pankaj Bhojwani) - Pure happiness.
- 5 Things to Try with Docker Desktop WSL 2 Tech Preview - Docker Blog (Ben De St Paer-Gotch) - So cool...
- 10 Git Tricks to Save Your Time and Sanity (Jacob Herrington) - Really useful (and even cool) git commands. Try them you'll see what I mean.
- ASP.NET Core and Blazor updates in .NET Core 3.0 Preview 8 (Sourabh Shirhatti) - Nice update. Be aware of a few breaking changes...but it's all for the best.
- Build Data-Driven Web Apps Blazing Fast with Blazor and OData ( Jeremy Likness) - This post is a great tutorial that explains how to build a complete todo list use that tech. Really cool.
- Developing Docker-Powered Applications on Windows with WSL 2 - Docker Blog (Antonis Kalipetis) - That new Docker desktop version looks very promising
- GitKraken & Glo Boards Now Support GitHub Actions (Lauren Witte Girard) - Great. Now we only just need the GitHub action...
- Investigating Drag and Drop with Blazor (Chris Sainty) - Interesting share of an experiment.
BooksLiving with the Monks: What Turning Off My Phone Taught Me about Happiness, Gratitude, and Focus
Author: Jesse Itzler
I really enjoyed this book. Yes it's light and funny, but don't get fool, there is a deeper message here. I think Jessy wins his challenge by going into a monastery so we don't have to. We all have what it takes to live a more purposeful life, we just need to pause. Showdown, to go faster, do less to do more... Embrace the silence.