Suggestion of the week
- Deploying a VM using Azure Resource Manager – Part 1 (Marc Gagné) - Really great tutorial that is the perfect. How to deploy with Powershell using Azure Manager Resources 101.
- A Complete List of Microsoft Azure Tools (Scott Ge) - Pretty good list of tools available today to work or plan your work with. Azure.
- What is the Azure Marketplace? (marc) - This is a good post to get started on Azure Market place.
- Ruby, TinyTDS, and Azure SQL Database update (Larry Franks) - Nice update, looking forward to upgrade some Ruby scripts of mine.
- Scheduling Azure Automation Runbooks with Azure Scheduler (Christopher Mank) - Great tutorial on Automation, very complete.
- Transitioning Application Insights from the VSO Portal to the Azure Portal (Dale Koetke) - We have until October to move our Application Insights in VSO to Azure. All you need to know to have a smooth migration is here.
- Five Common Daylight Saving Time Antipatterns of .NET Developers - Ah time, the more you play with the more confuse you can be. Interesting post to avoid common mistakes.
- Dependency injection in ASP.NET 5 - | Gunnar Peipman - Programming Blog - Dependency injection is a very good structure to facilitate testing. The new Asp.Net 5 help a lot going that way.
- 5 Tips for Dealing with Unreliable Web APIs - Summary of best practices when working with APIs.
- Continuous deployment (Gabriel Schenker) - Nice post to get started on continuous delivery and what it’s means.
- .NET Rocks! - I really like Glimpse, and it was nice to learn more about the journey of its creator and have a peek on what coming next.
- Systems Thinking: Less Coding, More Thinking with Kishau Rogers - Very stimulating episode, a lot of great ideas…
- Making the Complex Simple - Interesting thoughts about productivity traps.
- Making a clean exit – how to leave your company with friends, not dependencies - Interesting post on how to be professional when leaving.
- Apt-Get for Windows - OneGet and Chocolatey on Windows 10 - A new tool in Windows call OneGet… a package manager… manager.
- 10-minute workouts to improve your writing - Really interesting exercises… that are easy to fit in any schedule.
- New Package Roundup (izuzak) - Cool list of new Atom packages.
- Scrum or Kanban: Which form of Agile is best for you? - Nice post that explains the main differences between the two more popular Agile methods.